Starting on January 1st, Google is requiring non-profits to maintain a clickthrough rate (CTR) of 5% to maintain qualification for the Adgrants program.
NEW GOOGLE AD GRANTS REQUIREMENTS IN 2018
Changes to Google Ad Grants Policy
Google sent out an email to participants of their Ad Grants program notifying them that there will be changes to the program's policy beginning on January 1st, 2018. In order for nonprofits to stay on the Ad Grants program, they will have to adhere to the following:
• Have a CTR of at least 5%.
• Cannot bid on branded keywords they don’t own.
• All keywords must have a Quality Score of 2 or higher.
• All campaigns must have at least 2 ad groups with two ads in each.
• All accounts must have at least two sitelinks active.
• All accounts must utilize geo-targeting.
These changes are to ensure that Google delivers relevant ads to users. Since the program offers more ad spend to nonprofits who spend more, that created room for nonprofits to focus on spending more instead of ensuring their ads are showing to a relevant audience.
it's imperative that nonprofits take action now. Contact us today to get in touch with our Google-certified experts!